Thursday, November 12, 2009

She is Coming...

Last weekend I went to a baby shower for one of my very best friends, Kathy. Wife of Aaron (man with crazy eyebrows), mommy to K Bear and mommy-to-be of Baby E Bear.

These bags were adorable. I wish I could say I was this creative, but I am not. They said:


Kathy is Ready to POP!!!
Timer is set to: 12-28-09

Here is a treat
Give it a whirl
I'm about ready to POP
With my baby girl.

Isn't that just too cute? They were filled with yummy caramel corn. Of course, because she was getting ready to pop!


I had the pleasure of making the cupcakes for this little event. That is what I do. I am the cake lady! Recipe to follow, as I have had some requests! Let me just say they were so yummy. I hate to brag, but really! In keeping with the theme I did some strawberry cupcakes and some chocolate. [Kathy's favorite] Then topped them off with yummy cream cheese frosting. [Also Kathy's favorite] I could really use one right now. I was out searching for boxes to use for some of my baby stuff when I came upon this beauty. It is Humpty Dumpty meets Toile. It fit perfectly with her theme of pink and brown. I have plans to use it in her nursery. I wanted it for myself, but I committed a truly selfless act!

Kathy's friends Shilo and Kama gave her this shower. Thank you so much for making it so beautiful. We were surrounded in a world of pink and brown, just what the mommy-to-be wanted.

Just a note about Kathy ~ She is a truly remarkable friend. There are very few genuine people in this world and she is one of them. Our friendship is the kind that lasts through all ages. My family and I are so blessed to have her and her family as part of ours. We can't wait to welcome her new Baby E Bear, in a month and a half!

2 comments:

Christina said...

YAY! I have totally been craving those cupcakes since I had one. I should have pocketed a few. :) You can brag about it because they are divine!!!

What a beautiful box you found. Love it.

Tobi said...

Good job Jenn! Love the present box and the cupcakes. Very girlie and pink. Just right for a baby shower.