Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Crazy for Carving...


It is quite possible that one of my favorite things about Halloween is carving pumpkins. The hubby was a party pooper this year and didn't want a pumpkin. I wasn't even going to make him clean out the guts or carve it himself. I would do the honors. But no. Oh well. I am so picky about how the pumpkins look. Perhaps the only "family" thing about this activity is that I let the kids clean out their pumpkins. [or at least attempt it] I also let them pick out their faces, to a certain degree. It has to be a face, no pictures of spiders, skeletons or bats. Not to mention moons, stars or cats. I know, I am such a mean mommy! Thank goodness for the internet and children who know how to use it. My clever Miss C googled pumpkins faces. I never thought of that myself. It kept the kiddos busy forever searching for the perfect scary face! I am pretty proud of my pumpkins this year. Even though it was a very last minute thing, I think they turned out better than they have the last few years. [Our pumpkins were outside for the snow storm and were frozen solid by the time we realized the were there. OOPS!]
Miss C very proud of her cleaning. However she was pretty bummed that the pumpkins didn't have more seeds. She wouldn't let one go to waste. She loves toasted pumpkins seeds!
Mister P hates, let me say again H.A.T.E.S., touching anything that has to do with the inside of a pumpkin. I think every year the first this that comes out of his mouth after I open the top of the pumpkin is an ever so emotional EEEEWWWWWWW! He sure looks happy in this picture though!
We even made sure Baby B got in on the action. He enjoyed watching the kids fight over which spoon they wanted to use and whether or not the inside of their pumpkin was actually clean!

'Til next Halloween when I am sure to talk the hubby into his own special pumpkin!

"Mommy"

"Miss C"

"Mister P"

"Baby B"







1 comments:

Tobi said...

Cute pumpkins. I love that P is afraid or repulsed by pumpkin guts. Isn't he supposed to be all about the squishy gross stuff?