Monday, May 2, 2011

A Fairytale...

I love a wedding.

I especially love a Royal Wedding.

I remember when I was growing up my mom would tell me about when she watched the wedding of Princess Diana and Prince Charles.  Of course as most girls were, I dreamed of being a princess and have a fairytale wedding, just like Princess Diana.  I am sure this lead to my crazy love of all things wedding.  That and I pretty much saw a wedding or four every weekend for a lot of my life.  I don't know.  You tell me.

So, when I finally realized that I wouldn't be marrying Prince William, or any other prince for the matter, I decided to look forward to the day I could watch a royal wedding.  Even if only on TV.

I scoured the internet to find my favorite pictures.  I just thought I would share.
Don't you just love this picture?  I do.  And that ring...
That brings me to my next picture.

Probably one of my favorites.

Her dress was STUNNING, I mean breathtaking in every sense of the word.  This is how you want your daughter to look on her wedding day.  I appreciate the modesty and the classic nature of this dress.  And I want one for myself.
Lets just talk about Pippa for a brief second.  Wow, just as beautiful as her sister.  Can I have a dress like that too?

I love that pomp and pageantry lives on somewhere in this modern world.



The actual picture I was looking for was the wide angle that showed the whole front of the abbey as they knelt.  It was so sacred and spiritual in it's own way.  


The official photos.  These had to be included.




Hello!  Teeny tiny little waist.  She hit a home run with this one too.  Not sure what Camilla is wearing, I have seen her look better.

This picture reminds me a lot of the next picture.  They are such a beautiful couple.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard a lot of people ragging on how tired they are of hearing about the royal wedding, but I really love that there was something purely beautiful and happy and wonderful dominating the news for once. We need more of it! I thoroughly enjoyed the privilege of witnessing such joy. People are too cynical nowadays, myself included, I am sorry to say. Let yourself be happy and enjoy something beautiful!

Anonymous said...

And on a cynical note, why the crap was Camilla wearing her bathrobe at the reception?

Tobi said...

I love all these pictures Jenn. I loved the wedding too and I'm so glad that DVR allowed me to watch it at a normal hour. I could not have stayed up to watch it and been a happy Mom the next day.