Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The State of My Life...

It is almost embarrassing to post these pictures, but alas, this is how I live these days.  Promptly after taking these I cleaned like a mad woman while Blake was sleeping.  However, it seems that my house looks like this at least once a day.  Maybe twice!  
Where Walter used to sleep in our bed is now a pile of laundry.  I must say it is clean, I just haven't found the time to fold it.  The picture I didn't take was one of folded laundry that sits on the bed until it has all been used.  Essentially my bed is now a closet!  
Oh, my poor kitchen!  No matter how many times I do dishes there are always dishes sitting around.  A never-ending amount of bottles and pump accessories don't help things much.  Life is so overwhelming!  I have tried not to worry so much about the state of my house, but about making sure the human beings I am responsible for are taken care of.

I do have to admit, my older kids are a little bit neglected.  Luckily Cassidy is at school during the day, because I know she will be fed at least once!  Poor Preston, he is getting pretty accomplished in his efforts to feed himself.  When they say they are hungry, I won't lie, the first thought that comes to mind is, "freshly-squeezed or instant?" 

One day life will be back to normal.  That day will probably be when Walter finally gets to come home for good.  No body can really seem to tell us when that will be.  I am so SO thankful to the sisters in my ward.  They have been more than willing to help in any way I need, be it taking Cassidy to school or bringing over dinner.  It is amazing how doing two simple things a day makes my life so much easier!  I will never be able to express my gratitude enough...


3 comments:

Christina said...

I don't know how you are doing it at all with THREE kids and Walter gone. My house looks way worse than that right now. :) I have the same thought that gets me through... it won't be like this forever!!! Life will get back to normal again, right?!!

Tobi said...

For a woman who has three kids and no help I would say your house looks dashing! Don't worry about your house not being perfect. It WILL get better!!

Jennifer said...

Christina-I think Merry Maids is the best gift any woman could get, especially one with a new baby! How lucky are you???
Life will get normal again. At least whatever the new normal is! I think things are starting to become a little more normal...crazy, but normal! I didn't take pictures of the worst rooms. The living room, dining room and laundry room are unspeakable!