Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Nesting to the Extreme...


As you all know, this pregnancy has been a bit crazy.  And to say a "bit" doesn't even come close to describing how my life has been the last few months.  We moved twice in 3 months...yes you heard it right!  I was excited upon the first move, because we were moving into a 4 bedroom house and that would mean I could have a nursery for baby boy.  It didn't turn out as I had first envisioned, but I was in love with it none the less. Those of you who know me well, know that I do not like all things generic, and a generic boy nursery is not up my alley. 

I finished the nursery and not more than a few weeks later the dreaded news came.  We will be moving.  Then the harder realization came...there was no way we were finding a 4 bedroom house.  Time for the boys to bunk up! 

In my life things have to coordinate, they have to match.  I am very much OCD when it comes to this issue.  Now, my cute little safari themed nursery in NO way matched with the airplane/spiderman room that Preston has.  (I know, I know, airplanes and spiderman don't match either, but I have learned to live with it.)  I quickly learned that removing all (or even some) things spiderman was a crime to humanity.  So, needless to say my nursery plans had to change. Baby does not care what he sleeps in.  Preston, on the other hand, may never forgive me.  This is what we ended up with.


**please note: no spiderman bedding was removed for the taking of this picture**
(See Below)


Generic, yes.  But it will have to do.

**********************************************************
This is how he would much rather his bed look.  He came in right before I took the picture of the room and saw that his precious spiderman was covered, and I thought that poor boy was going to have a heart attack.

As you can tell, we did not paint this house.  Moving at 34 weeks was hard enough, I was not about to paint as well.  
More pictures to come soon...

1 comments:

Tobi said...

Preston and Baby B's bedroom looks fantastic. I don't think it looks generic at all. I think it looks unique! I love all the blue and red. At least we know for sure the newest Wheeler boy will be a fan of the all important Spiderman.